Monday, August 22, 2011

Meant to be...

So a few days ago Chris changed his Facebook profile picture to one of us from our senior year in high school. As most of you know he was on the drumline and I was a majorette (flute player during concert season).  I had marched right in front of him for 3 years or sat across the band room from him for 6 years. The band room was our hangout and solitude. We were part of a group of friends that, to this day, hold a special bond with each other. A bond which is very unique. All of us were part of a culture that has followed us through the course of adulthood. To this day, when I hear the high school drumline practicing in the distance my memories are flooded with the fun and silliness of days long since  passed.

I look at this picture and remember the care-free days of hanging out with my very best friend. A lot of life has happened since this photo. Whether a person calls it fate, karma or spiritual intervention, as time goes by I am more convinced that "this" was meant to be......

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! :) Some things are just definitely meant to be!

    ReplyDelete