Sunday, August 21, 2011

Founder's Day and the Southern Boys Band

This is evening's weather was perfect for an outdoor concert. Most of the gang was out tonight. I always have the best time when my peeps are involved.  (I just had a vision of a scene like something from the movie Harper Valley PTA.....except different. We all had our lawn chairs strategically placed so that our group could sit together and easily see the show but still gossip...ummm, I mean....chat.) There is always a very diverse group of people at a small town USA festival and this one was no different. I saw tons of people that I have known forever but just don't get to see on a regular basis. There were kids everywhere running and playing. Fine dining at its best tonight included funnel cake, popcorn and bbq...yum. Although, I didn't have any. It seems that as I was watching the show and smelling all of this tasty goodness that my brother was actually sampling all of it and did not even bring me a crumb. Stinker!

The Southern Boys Band rocked it tonight. I am a bit biased because these boys are very dear friends. However, the show was great and they just keep getting better every time I hear them play.

No comments:

Post a Comment