Monday, August 29, 2011

Boston

 WOW!! The last few days have been super busy but super fun!! Boston is a beautiful city. This was my second visit and I cannot wait to go back.  Chris and I stayed in the cutest boutique-style hotel right in the heart of the city. The ZBB had two shows at Gillette Stadium (both were incredible), we hung out with some sweet friends and made some new friends.

I knew when I decided to take this trip with Chris that he wanted to tour the Zildjian offices. I was down with that but did not anticipate how much fun it would turn out to be for me as well. We spent the entire day on Friday touring the facility and learning how the cymbals in which Chris plays are made. That was neat but I was more intrigued by the history of the company.  All of those little details aside, the best part of the entire experience was to see my sweet husband mark a wish from his "bucket list." I know it might be a difficult concept to process but I had more fun watching him have fun than anything else. I was thrilled to share this experience with him.

Saturday rolled in with clouds, rain and the anticipation of Hurricane Irene. The day was so dreary but we had fun anyway hanging out. In spite of the horrible weather, the stadium was packed. ALL of those fans stood in the rain for hours. I was completely blown away at the dedication of these people. The ZBB and Kenny Chesney have some of the best fans around!! I can honestly say I have never been a big enough fan of any band that I would stand in the rain to see them. (well I would stand in the rain to watch Chris but that is entirely different!)

Sunday was very, very, very windy. Chris and I stepped out on to the street to make our way to lunch and I thought we would get swept away. CRAZY!!

As Murphy's Law is always at work in my life, it would turn out that today was the most beautiful day we had while in Boston and we had to leave. Ahhh, such is life!



No comments:

Post a Comment