Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fall is in the Air....

It's that time of year again. The leaves will start to change, the air will be a bit more crisp in the mornings and any signs of summer will slowly fade away.  Fall....to be honest, with the exception of Alabama football and Halloween, there isn't one thing I like about this season. It has always put me in a melancholy mood. I have never really known why other than everything starts to die and I know that the dreaded winter is just around the corner.  As the days get shorter and the nights get longer, hibernation becomes more and more appealing to me. Spring has always been and always will be my most favorite season. Spring brings with it the beginning of new life and a dusting away of the cold, dead winter.

Since I cannot skip Fall, I will embrace it and do what I have done for many years now. The first cold snap will bring with it my overwhelming desire to cook and nest. By the end of October, we will have a freezer full of homemade chili, various soups and sauces,  I will have begun planning Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and will quietly reflect as another year slips into the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment