Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dinner, Friends and Police Officers....

My life is a constant adventure. Chris and I went out to dinner tonight and we were on our way to pick up a friend who was going with us. [side note: if you have ever been in the car with me and Chris it is like two hens gossiping and talking about our day. We get completely wrapped up in the conversation and forget that there is traffic on the road or anyone else around.] So we were cruising down I-65 and entered a construction zone....still just a talking....when I heard sirens. As I am hearing the sirens I'm thinking to myself...someone is about to have a bad day. Well that someone was US. Chris pulled to the side of the road. We were patiently waiting for the officer to walk to the window and ask for license, insurance and registration. And the whole time I'm thinking "was Chris speeding?" I say this because Chris drives like a grandpa. Snails move faster sometimes. Actually, I do believe a turtle passed us just the other day. (I have no doubt in my mind that my sweet husband will NEVER have a blood pressure problem or a heart attack. He never gets into a hurry. This is another example of his "yin" to my "yang." I will have the blood pressure and heart problems for both of us.)

Apparently, Chris was speeding...to the tune of 50mph...but the posted speed limit was 45mph so I am now calling him "Speedy."  To make a long story short, Speedy was given a warning and no ticket. Thank you very nice police officer!! But I can say without hesitation that I do believe I could have walked to our destination faster than the truck was moving.....just saying!

1 comment:

  1. LOL David and I are the SAME!! I'm the speed demon who rushes around frantically, while he's the grampa who hasn't a care in the world. It drives me NUTS sometimes...especially when we're late! :)

    ReplyDelete