Friday, August 12, 2011

Happiness is...

I am very new to this "blogging" thing but I'm going to give it a try. I haven't quite figured out the fascination with writing a blog but apparently there must be a therapeutic property to it so here goes....

I used to think that happiness was something reserved for everyone around me but not specifically for me. I spent many years just accepting that life had offered all it had to me and that (at the time) "this" was it, nothing more and nothing less.  Mediocrity was the norm.  Without boring any reader of this blog with unnecessary details of my life's events, suffice it to say that I have been through some trials and tribulations.  Those experiences have taught me that Happiness is.....a choice. Happiness is waking up everyday and knowing that God has a plan for me. Happiness is not tied up in another person, place or thing but is found within myself and who I am. I am blessed to have a wonderful husband and wonderful children who add to my happiness and complete me in ways I cannot express in words. Is my life perfect? Of course not. However, it is very, very close.

No comments:

Post a Comment