Thursday, September 22, 2011

My husband the critic....

I just finished reading my sweet husband's blog for the night. His rant of the evening was his great disdain for the new reality show the "X Factor."  Actually, not the show but the premise of the show. He is not upset in the slightest that I have forced him to watch it the last two evenings (I stopped watching American Idol years ago but am morbidly curious about the X Factor.....I really like Simon and Paula). He was disgusted by the behavior of the contestants who lacked a smidgen of talent and who would then pitch a fit like a spoiled child when the judges would tell them "no." I think that I may have forgotten to tell him or remind him that the vast majority of the people participating in the show are only interested in being rich and famous (not necessarily the love and art of music). His rantings are funny to me because last year I subjected this dear, dear man to one (yes, just one) episode of The Bachelor and he lost it. He complained for hours. Citing that the dude was horrible and the girls were stupid to objectify themselves like that. As he put it "too much drama." The hours of entertainment I gained watching Chris rant was far more fun than watching the show.  I just might have to turn it on at least once this year just to get a rise out of him. I'm a stinker that way.

However, this week has been somewhat comical where television watching is concerned. Funny because I rarely watch television but for some reason (and I have been doing this for years) I watch the season premier of most shows and the season finale but not much in between. Chris has sat through each and every show with me. He loves me like that. 

In case you might be wondering, the front-runners for this year (and by front-runner I mean a show I might watch more than once) are the new shows: Revenge, Charlie's Angels, The Bunny Club and 2 Broke Girls. I have my old favorites too like Criminal Minds and The Good Wife when I can remember they are on.  These shows have passed the Chris meter as well......

No comments:

Post a Comment