Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!!!

2012 is off to a fantastic start!! This has been a wonderful weekend. ZBB in Nashville kicked off the fun and it wrapped up with the ZBB New Year's Eve show in Atlanta....well actually it was wrapped up with a trip to a 24 hour diner with some amazing and very funny friends. I must say the highlight of the entire adventure was getting to share my New Year's kiss with my sweet, sweet husband. I was initially concerned that we might miss this yearly tradition because he was performing; however, just before the stroke of midnight the guys stopped playing.  I hurried to the stage and climbed up on, what seemed to me to be, the highest drum-riser ever (it was a little scary up that high), and counted down "10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Happy New Year" then kissed my soul-mate, best friend and the other half of my heart. Ahhhhh.......it was a great night!!!  After the show we were starving. We decided, along with several of our friends, to search for food. The only thing open was a 24 hour diner a few blocks from our hotel. I will not bore you with the details but I have not laughed that hard in a minute. The walk was funny, the wait at the diner was funny, sitting at the table was funny and getting back to the hotel was funny. For the better part of 3 hours I felt as if I was living a sitcom!! I do so love my friends!!

This has been a wonderful holiday season. Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment