Thursday, January 5, 2012

Perfection...


Through age and experience, I have come to realize that people are going make choices that I may not agree with and they may have points of view that I do not share. However, this is part of what makes us individuals.  I think life has thrown some curveballs at me in order to show me that people are not perfect  and most especially, neither am I. However, if I love God I must afford these people the kindness and mercy that God gives to me each and every day. None of us are perfect and none of us are worthy of His divine love but He gives it to us unconditionally and without hesitation. Now does this mean that I force myself to be the best friend to every person I know....of course, NOT.  


If someone is deliberately unkind to me I do not hate them. I pray for them. I will distance myself from them because I am not going to allow myself to be mistreated. And I am aware that those who set out to steal my joy have lost their own. These same people fail to recognize that they are in control of their own happiness and should only be concerned with such. I have also found that nothing irritates people more than being polite. 

Chris, I love you and thank you for loving me in spite of my imperfections!!


No comments:

Post a Comment