Monday, November 28, 2011

Family, Friends, Food and Football....

Whew!! What a weekend! Started cooking for Thanksgiving last weekend and literally prepared until the minute we sat down to eat on Thursday. As many already know, Chris and Allison each had small mishaps in the kitchen which involved chopping and grating (mostly their fingers instead of the food). Luckily these were only minor injuries. I'm thinking that maybe next year I will have them help with the non-sharp object involved tasks.

We had a house full on Thursday. My family came over from Georgia for the weekend. Chris' family came over too and a few very dear friends joined us as well. We ate until we were miserable. But that was only round 1!! Round 2 was Friday night with some more of our very dear friends. I think that I ate as much Friday night as I did Thursday. Therefore, I do NOT care to even think about casseroles or turkey for a year. This translates into my Christmas menu not containing any of those items. I'm thinking maybe grilling steaks.

We took my nephew to the Christmas tree farm on Friday. He helped us pick out a tree and got to see some reindeer.  I think that he had a good time. He told me as we were leaving "I sure am glad that I came.  This was fun."  He is 7 years old but sounded like a teenager telling me about his epiphany.  The Iron Bowl was on Saturday.  My beloved Alabama won!! YAY!! RTR!! Chris swore that he was going to video me standing on the furniture and screaming at the TV, but I only yelled at the TV and jumped up and down once during the whole game. LOL!!

With the weekend behind me, I am concentrating on finishing up with my Christmas shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment