Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Reflection and Creativity....

The Christmas season is in full swing and I am already exhausted!! However, I am ahead of the game this year. I started shopping months ago so my shopping is 99% complete. Yay me!! 

This year is really reminding me of how much I miss my girls being little kids. They love Christmas but as they get older the holiday evolves into something more adult and far less child-like. Part of my joy in Christmas was always the look of wonder and excitement in their eyes. The tree, lights and presents created a level of anticipation for them that brought me so much joy. They still get excited but it's different now. I don't have a little one pulling on my leg begging to help put up the decorations anymore. 

Allison and I watched Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer together last week. It was fun. I made a wreath for our front door today which put me in the holiday spirit. After I hung it, I stood on our front porch looking at my creation, reflecting on Christmases past and giving thanks to God that Jesus is the Reason for the Season. 

It's going to be a very Merry Christmas!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment