Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas


The last present has been opened, the last guest has left and the fire is only embers. Another first has come and gone. Our first Christmas without my mother. I started the day trying to remember last year with her but couldn’t. However, the memories of my childhood Christmases with her were vivid. The Christmas I got my first puppy to the Christmas I got my first stereo rushed through my mind. She has been there with every decoration, every family gathering, every meal, every gift purchased and she was there today. I could feel her presence and her absence at the same time. As the day comes to a close, I can't help but think about what gift I would have given her had she been here. It was so odd to not have a package under our tree with her name on it.

 
Merry Christmas Mother. I miss and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment