Friday, October 11, 2013

Dixie Dreamin'

So I'm driving home from work today, listening to my Ipod and pondering all the problems with the world. Thinking about today, tomorrow and yesterday all at once.  Then, a song came on that simply made me forget about all of that. At the very moment I realized what I was hearing all I could do was smile. For a brief five minutes, I was simply thankful for my simple Southern upbringing and life. Good family, good friends, wonderful times making wonderful memories. For that five minutes, I did not think about what a mess the world has become, worry about the future of my children, family and friends or stress about healthcare and politics. For that five minutes, all I thought about was warm summer nights, fireflies, laying in the cool grass looking at a clear sky, bright stars and a full moon, walking barefoot, riding in a pickup with the windows down and swinging on a tire swing. At the end of that five minutes, the world wasn't so important anymore and my perspective was more positive. Worry about the things I can change and let the rest go. God has a plan. He is in charge so no need to worry. In that moment,  I realized that life can be as simple as I choose.

With all of that being said, thank you to the Southern Boys Band for a song that allowed me, if only for a few minutes, to lose myself.  https://soundcloud.com/the-southern-boys-band/dixie-dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment