Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Sleep...What's That?!?

June is flying by so fast. Before I know it the summer will be gone. Where to begin...well, early this month I followed my sweet boy to Bangor, Maine. This was my first trip to Maine and I cannot wait to go back. It was absolutely beautiful there. I finally got to meet several Zamily members at a luncheon I attended. They were awesome (you know who you are!) The entire trip was an adventure from beginning to end. My flight out of Birmingham was cancelled, managed to get on another, my connecting flight was delayed and upon final arrival to Bangor I was informed that I would be staying at a "haunted" Inn.  The Inn was adorable though. Chris and I were able to visit with a dear friend from our high school days before the show on Saturday. We really enjoyed being able to catch up with her. The ZBB show was incredible as always in spite of the fact that I was freezing through its entirety. The adventure continued as I travelled home. More delays but the cool thing was that Chris made it home before I did and was waiting for me at the airport (a total role reversal). No rest for the weary...the following week was the CMT Awards and CMA Fest. Run..run..run. Actually, it's hurry up and wait. Anyway, lots of fun. 

I thought my fun was over for a minute after returning from Nashville when......Allison (who NEVER wants to go to anything ZBB) asks to go to BamaJam. No biggie. Enterprise, Alabama is only 3 hours from Birmingham. Soooo, we loaded up Chris and headed South. Now remember, I am also working a full-time job while having all of this fun. I AM EXHAUSTED!! 

The girls have discovered the show "Supernatural" and have been trying to catch up on episodes via Netflix before the Fall season begins. This translates into me and Chris being hooked on the show too. Family time is now between 11pm and 2am. Have I mentioned that "sleep" no longer exists in my schedule? I have, what I now refer to as, long naps. 

Finally, as my routine is getting sort of back to normal, I came in from work today to find my sweet husband mopping our kitchen floor. Ladies, be jealous....be very jealous! I have the perfect man....

No comments:

Post a Comment